Many people, in an effort to save more money this summer, are hopping on trend with a no spending weekend. These weekends are exactly what they sound like – two days where no money is spent. Getting some anxiety about the upcoming money-free weekend? Here are some tips:
Don’t stress it. You can manage to do anything for only two days! We’ve compiled a list of fun (and most importantly, free!) things you can do this weekend to pass the time without spending a dime! (Rhythmic genius over here)
- Volunteer! There are plenty of organizations all around AZ that would love your help this weekend!
- Visit a free museum!
- #ExploreAZ. We have some amazing scenery and some really adventurous hikes all around the valley – just make sure you either head up north to get away from the heat, or go early in the morning!
- Pool day. Whether you have a community pool or one in your backyard, break out the sunscreen and go for a dip!
- Catch up on household chores. We all have a “honey do” list waiting for some attention somewhere!
- Sell old belongings. Clean up around the house and see what you can get rid of, and turn your money-free weekend into a money-making weekend!
- Make a budget. Consult with your accountant first, and then spend a day of your weekend outlining what that budget will entail!
Whatever you decide to do on your no spending weekend, we wish you the best of luck! If you would like to speak to an accounting professional regarding option 7, give Hacker Accounting a call at (602) 375-5251!