Many people, in an effort to save more money this summer, are hopping on trend with no-spending weekends. These weekends are exactly what they sound like – two days where no money is spent. Getting some anxiety about the upcoming money-free weekend? Here are some tips:
Don’t stress it. You can manage to do anything for only two days! We’ve compiled a list of fun (and most importantly, free!) things you can do this weekend to pass the time without spending a dime! (Rhythmic genius over here)
- Volunteer! There are plenty of organizations all around AZ that would love your help this weekend!
- Visit a free museum!
- #ExploreAZ. We have some amazing scenery and some really adventurous hikes all around the valley – just make sure you either head up north to get away from the heat, or go early in the morning!
- Pool day. Whether you have a community pool or one in your backyard, break out the sunscreen and go for a dip!
- Catch up on household chores. We all have a “honey do” list waiting for some attention somewhere!
- Sell old belongings. Clean up around the house and see what you can get rid of, and turn your money-free weekend into a money-making weekend!
- Make a budget. Consult with your accountant first, and then spend a day of your weekend outlining what that budget will entail!
Whatever you decide to do on your no-spending weekend, we wish you the best of luck! If you would like to speak to an accounting professional regarding option 7, give Hacker Accounting a call at (602) 375-5251!